Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Machines that keep them Going

Tom (and I) met with a sales person for a new pump, meter, and monitor last night
I have to say that I'm very impressed with Tom
he has been really doing his research
I shouldn't be surprised -- that is what he does
but in some ways I'm disappointed
why doesn't he share this information with me BEFORE the guy gets here?

anyway, it is very interesting
Tom tells me that the monitors that Sandy described that stay on top of the skin
are not nearly as accurate as the ones that go into the skin
none of them are as accurate as the ones that you stick in your finger
(not sure I understand all of that)
but the technology continues to improve


he is working on figuring out all the pieces
he will get a new monitor right away
he will replace his pump in December when insurance approves it
and he will replace the monitor next year when the company comes out with the
new version that connects the two together.

its sort of confusing
but fortunately he has it all figured out

I asked for some explanations so I could help
but he is not very forthcoming

we will go on
tonight he went low again
but he is acknowledging that I have a better sense of him going low
than he does -- he told the sales guy that
its the first time I have EVER heard him admit that to anyone!

maybe that is progress?????

we shall see


2 comments:

  1. It's good that he's opening up to your more. The more that you are informed the better. In any case, there's a new noninvasive CGM in the future that could possibly be a big leap forward and a help to you both. I posted about it recently here: http://www.mevsdiabetes.com/c8-medisensors-cgm-noninvasive/

    It's not expected to be FDA approved in the US until 2013 but it is something good to be aware of. Best of luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MeVsDiabetes! the fight goes on!

    ReplyDelete