Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Broken Heart

My heart is broken.
As if it were not bad enough that my dad passed away a week ago
the tragedies don't seem to stop

my uncle visiting for the funeral was rushed to the hospital for internal bleeding over the weekend
my cousin was taken into emergency surgery the same day as the funeral for a mass on her brain -- no conclusions yet, but the prognosis is not good
Tom's sister may be in a severe medical condition -- undiagnosed at this time -- out of work for a month so far and probably at least another month to go -- we get information from his mom so its vague

What else is going to happen?
How many challenges can we face at once?

This is heartache I have never experienced

Thank goodness Tom is doing ok
I just couldn't bear it if he were to have a medical issue right now

Each moment, I feel a clench in the belly and say to myself
breathe --  in another minute, the panic will go away

I look at my mom, the amazing person that she is
she says, all you can do is go on....
one step at a time, one day at a time
I need to learn from her
but what other choice do we have?

breathe
make dinner
write in my journal
read a book
work
sleep
(in no particular order)
repeat

sigh..............

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through so much. I agree though, one day at a time. It will get better. It always does. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's Wife,

    So sorry you are going through so much! Unfortunately, life seems to throw us things in "bunches," as I have learned this past year. I hope that things get better very soon for you and other family members. Hugs to you . . .

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete