Sunday, October 4, 2009

Loneliness

How does one define loneliness? Isn't it more than just being alone?

I have a large family - 4 sisters (3 of whom are married), 10 nieces and nephews, my parents are still around, and that's just my side of the family. We are very close and get together frequently (too frequently sometimes)

I have many friends -- some who live nearby and some who live in other cities. But sometimes I get very, very lonely. I had always hoped to have a close relationship with my husband, that I would always have someone to depend upon, that I wouldn't feel alone.

But that just didn't work out. Sometimes, he can be very sweet. He thinks he is very reliable -- and he is reliable on some issues. But often, when I really need to feel wanted, comforted, he is just not there.

Yeah, I feel lonely. I go to work everyday, surrounded by people, some days it feels like every single person in my life wants something from me. and I'm supposed to be strong for everyone. some days, there just is no one with whom I can share my burdens, my fears. I thought that person would be my husband. but it isn't. He's one of the burdens a lot of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment