Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh, the constant struggle between feeling sorry for him and frustration with him. I was trying to estimate it the other day, and it probably averages 4 times a week that Tom's glucose drops low enough that I notice that its low and he needs some form of sugar to bring him back to normal.

Can I tell you what number "low" is? No because I no longer demand that he test his blood nor do I force him to let me try to test his blood. I don't need to -- I know he is low, that he is unable to hold a sane conversation, that I wouldn't want to be in a car with him at the wheel.

And, this is when I am around -- who knows what happens when I'm not around.

Then there is the monitor that goes off in the middle of the night, beeping to let him know that he is either high or low -- I never know -- I just get woken up by the beeping.

Well, in the immediate moment of his low, or at the time of the device beeping, I'm feeling quite annoyed. But then I think, how frustrating for him to try to do for his body what biology does for mine.

Its such a struggle. But then again, he is the one who slept through that stupid device beeping away and I'm the one who was awake listening to it beep away.........

No comments:

Post a Comment