Monday, September 21, 2009

Cherise writes:
The other day my hubby and I (I'm the diabetic) went out for dinner. I thought was going to have a carb fest, bolused for 60 carbs. Did I eat 60 carbs at dinner?!?! Nope, but I told my hubby I bolused for 60 carbs. I told him I needed something to eat with 30 carbs. I am sorry your hubby didn't speak up for himself but glad you were there to help him out. T-3's ROCK!!!

Cherise, you are a woman -- you COMMUNICATE -- you realized you made a mistake and you told your husband. I don't know if its because you are really really smart, (I'm sure that's it - :) ) or what, but Tom never ever admits he made a mistake. Even after our dinner fiasco the other night, he blamed it on the food - not his miscalculation!

And, I'm probably really out of touch, but can you tell me? what's a "T-3" ?

And thank you, DW, for your comment and your link:

I think I'll write a new post later. I still have to get the hang of posting other people's notes and my thoughts.

thanks for your thoughts, it helps.

Toms Wife

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tom's Wife ...

    Congrats on your website. Been there, done that, I've been married to a non-compliant diabetic for 17 years. It has been a roller-coaster at best. My hubby has been on dialysis for 4 years, and now is having surgery for Charcot foot. What a nightmare. I will not ride with him driving the car anymore. (Too many scary experiences). Just remember, this is his doing and his disease, we are just there for the ride. I have screamed, cried, yelled, begged, ignored and just adjust, but nothing seems to matter. He is just doing things "his way". It doesn't work for me, but, he will not change and I just have to adjust. For whatever reason (sometimes I question myself) I still stay and deal. I do love him with all my heart and wish things are different, but they are not ... I know deep in my heart that all will be okay ... Just know you are not the only one dealing with this nightmare of a disease. Just be strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TW

    The phrase "Type 3" was coined by somebody for the spouse of the PWD (person with diabetes). I, too, am the wife of a man in his mid 40s with diabetes. I am thrilled to have another blog to read.

    If you get a chance, check out and join us at TuDiabetes.com/group/SpousesAndSignificantOthersOfDiabetics

    JustLittleMe

    ReplyDelete