Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Real Thanksgiving Holiday

I was pleased to read that DW had a peaceful Thanksgiving.
We did also. For the first time in my life, I did not spend Thanksgiving with family. Tom and I went away to a hotel and had dinner at a fancy restaurant - by ourselves.

On one hand, it was nice because we did not have to deal with the trials and tribulations of the family garbage that goes on (my family is minimum of 25 people when we get together so its always a very big "to do"). But I was also nervous because restaurant holiday dinners are notorious for overcooked buffet food, cranky wait staff, and uncontrolled kids running around. So we selected a relatively expensive place where the food included traditional thanksgiving fare plus modern french cuisine.

I didn't have one piece of turkey and don't feel like I missed a thing. This fabulous restaurant offered bite size pieces of lots and lots of different things. I tasted so many different foods - some I had never had before. well, lets just say it was delightful.

And, Tom? you ask? well, he did well also. He kept checking his monitor all night and was able to keep things in a good place. he was really quite sweet - all night long. The first (I guess that means I am hoping for more) in a long time.

I hope that others will have a good time this holiday season.

Tom's wife

No comments:

Post a Comment