Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Holidays - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Note to DW, I am so pleased to read that you are having a peaceful season. After the year you have had you certainly deserve it.

Me. Where to start?

Well, we got record snow yesterday - so we were in the house all day
We went out about every hour to shovel the latest few inches of show from the driveway
With close to 16 inches it was a lot!
but very pretty!

Inside, we worked on a project -- I was very enthusiastic -- Tom less so
it was fine.

It would be better if he just either left me alone or trusted that I knew what I was doing.
He helped, but his grumbling and delays could have been avoided.

Our Christmas plans are to go to the in-laws out of town
I enjoy 4 out of the 10 of the people who will be there
I have a very difficult time with a couple of the people who will be there
therefore, it is not something I anticipate with good feelings
staying home would be MUCH preferable

This is all on top of some very very stressful work lately
I think that because the work issues have taken over so much of my waking hours lately
there just hasn't been much time to address anything else

Tom has clearly been struggling with his pump and his device that is supposed to monitor his glucose --- but its been keeping him high rather than low -- so it hasn't had much direct impact on me other than his bad mood. Maybe this doesn't say much about me, but at least I'm not aware of what's going on so much -- he keeps it to himself.

There you go!! That's me in a nutshell!

Happy Holidays everyone one
Next year will certainly be different than 2009
Tom's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment