Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Know This is Supposed to be Fun

My poor husband -- so many lines to walk between and not get caught

He is upset because his glucose readings are not steady at 100 -- when I ask he says its ricocheting around up to about to about 250 and down to about 50. Please understand, that he worries less about the lows than what he perceives to be the "highs". From what I have read, 250 on an occasional basis is not a high to worry about. I have a healthy pancreas (I actually test myself quite frequently now) and my own sugar levels range from about 80 to 200 -- the 200 being right after a carb-filled meal of course. when he goes low, he always tells me its going up -- even if its not. We have had several recent scary driving events again. I hear you -- don't get in the car with him. But its not usually happening when we are home. we are already out, frequently in the car with him behind the wheel before I understand what is going on. He says it comes on that fast -- it may be true but then again it may be that he is fooling himself and me. I don't know. each time I think he is paying better attention and we are on a better path, well, it isnt.

And now we are with the in-laws. or more specifically, his mother. GEEZ, what can I say, between the crying and the sighing, and yelling, and the passive aggressive comments zinging around its enough to make anyone crazy. And you wonder why I only subject myself to this two days a year. Even that pushes my patience to its extreme. Isn't this the time when we are supposed to WANT to be together? I really enjoy my brother in law, his wife and their two kids. If it was just us and them, this would be great. But the mother in law and other crazies -- well its just a lot.

Its not that my family is so great, but for the most part I've learned to deal with it and I just remove myself from situations with them that I dislike. No matter how much I dislike this, my husband asks me to put up with this -- he says I should do it for his mother. I tell him I do it for him. I owe nothing to the woman who has accused me of so many thing including trying to kill him. She is a truly selfish person - one of the most selfish I have come across in my 50+ years of living -- and it is painful to watch what she does to the members of the family who let her do it.

Its only today and tomorrow though, I can do that......

then two days home, and then work again!!!

Oh Joy!

Something in 2010 has to change -- I need a break -
on the other hand, I am grateful for what we do have:

we both have good paying jobs (compared to so many who lost theirs)
We have strong savings accounts
Both of us are relatively healthy
we have family and friends who love us
we really still love each other (most of the time) :)
We have the opportunity to find like-minded people through outlets like this blog to share frustrations and feel like we are not being judged

I am truly grateful for all of the people in my life who make these "things" possible
and to DW and all the others who read this, despite my frequent grumpiness, this is my outlet after all, I hope you have an opportunity to look back on 2009 and can find some things to be grateful for also.

Tom's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment