Sunday, March 14, 2010

Heavy on my mind

DW is on my mind for the past few days,
I have been thinking of her and her husband and what they must be going through
While I go through my daily stuff, she comes to mind
and rude people, work issues, bad drivers, just don't seem so bad

On the other hand, my husband's low the other day felt worse
It felt like a reminder - an idea that today its a low that I can take care of
but tomorrow, it could be a heart condition that requires invasive surgery

It is so scary

I have said it before and will say it again
I wish I had the wisdom to help others

I haven't been angry lately -- which is good
but I so understand the anger of others
it is scary and something that is so totally out of your control

He leaves you to handle everything - including him

Then at the end of it all - when things may start to get a little better
when you start to think maybe retirement may happen - or something like that
you find yourself in DW's shoes, big surgery -- a different kind of scary

Thoughts and hopes and even prayers (of whatever kind) out to her and her family

We wait for a good word

Tom's Wife

2 comments:

  1. I have been following her blog too. It is troubling when one works so hard to help others. I am a type 1 diabetic, and I spent years researching this disease. Amazingly I live in excellent health after 40 years of diabetes. I will turn 60 this June. I tried to lead others to good health, but I face so many obstacles, societal norms, the layers of authority and public opinion, I can not do anything but feel really sad for all the suffering diabetics, especially when I know that it is not necessary to suffer so.
    Glenwood50@oath.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a note, most diabetics hate me. They see me as a know it all. I push fellow diabetics to do the right thing, but most people look for the easy way, when in fact, the easy way may actually be the hard way in the long run. I have compiled so much research on the human metabolism, and my life's worth of research is totally worthless because almost no one wants to believe me. Diabetic also for 40 years. If I lived this healthy this long, you would think someone would recognize what I say is the truth. People look for miracle cures, a magic drug and special spice, but none works nearly as good as personal responsible.

    ReplyDelete