Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Warnings Can Be a Double Edged Sword

I just finished reading DW's last post
OMG! How many of us are thinking: when will it be our turn?
Our hearts go out to you, DW
We are sending you whatever strength we have left to give
We, who read your blog, hear your message

But, then again, there must be other control freaks like Tom
So while your husband never tested, Tom tests but he stops eating
he has lost so much weight -- I actually worry about that!
(I know some of you just wish!)
And he drinks so much diet soda! He will drink 8 2-liter bottles every weekend
He also believes in the A1c because the doctors still do
And there is no getting off of that

Also, if I showed him your blog, he would take that as reason to keep his glucose number even lower than he does now

For those who read my blog, you know that Tom tries to keep his number below 100
He does such a "good" job of it that the local paramedics know us well
Tom is terrified of the issues DW is describing and so he tries to keep his number low

I wonder what heart damage he is causing by going down to 20 and 30 so often
personally -- and I am no medical professional -- that just can't be good for his heart either

This is all so distressing!

Diabetes is an awful disease and it impacts every member of the family
While clearly the person with the disease is in charge because in the end it is his body
We have to deal with the consequences
Sometimes, we don't mind
For instance, there are times when I absolutely love preparing great, healthy food for him
Or taking long walks in evenings
I certainly benefit also!

But of course, its the unexpected consequences that are so hard
The medical problems, the awful mood swings, the nasty behavior (which they don't even know about)...

We seem to be in a little period of relatively good health
No terrible moods, only one mild low (that I know about)

I can concentrate on sending my best hopes to DW
Till the next time........

Tom's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment