Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanks, it helps..

Family can be difficult and so is this time of year (for me)
the short days are too dark --
I recognize that this week is one I should be enjoying
traffic is easy
I really don't have to work very hard -- I can leave early
not very many people at the office interrupting my work
tom is in a good mood and is being very nice
but it takes me until January until I start feeling better
its mental -- I know
but I need to know the days are getting longer
that on the calendar, spring is coming
December has been so cold!!!
the next couple of weeks are supposed to be warmer
I'm trying -- but have to admit that I am quite down
I appreciate the support from my sisters who also have diabetic husbands
for some reason knowing others have the same issues to face helps
thinking that maybe I can help a little is also comforting

so, to my fellow wives -- thank you
I'm glad you are there
it helps
and, as always, I hope we all get a good night's sleep
because at the end of it all
with good sleep, we can deal with the rest

Tom's Wife

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful to have you all to commiserate with, raise up, get support from, it is one of the blessings in my life.
    My hubby has a neurology appt. then an endocrinology appt. then a visit to a chiropractor coming up.
    He has not started the healthy buddies over the computer support system yet but will soon.
    We had family over the weekend and more this weekend. It's been good.
    Lots of appointments coming up.

    YEAH FOR US! the sleep at night thingie is much appreciated...we had a room renovated and will be moving our bedroom over tomorrow...the room are in is very small and makes me feel closed in...that's because you can barely navigate around the bed...ha! so this will help us look forward to going to bed...yahoo! The little things...it's the little things.

    HUGS and LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for longer days ahead! Lack of sunshine and warmth, coupled with all the expectations for the holidays (AND still dealing with our diabetic husbands) make it so hard this time of year. Hang in there, Tom's Wife! And I will try to do likewise.

    ReplyDelete