Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Phony High?

Yes, I'm at a minute in life where I'm feeling happy
it doesn't happen often so I have to take the moments when they come
like dh, I call it denial
I know the "other shoe is about to drop"
but I choose to ignore it for the minute

this week, for some reason, I am taking the work-stuff differently
its about "them" not about "me"
it will probably only last for a short time but I'll take it

sometimes it feels like I am a very selfish person
and then again I know that it depends on where one looks
on this, my blog, there is a lot of "i" focus
but Tom is the center of my world
without him, I can't imagine ...
well, you know

I rail against him, but its really my anger against his disease
as much as anything else
sometimes he doesn't do a good job
and sometimes he is mean to me
but sometimes I'm mean to him

Life can be really hard
I'm not as smart as I want to be
but I try to find the best way that I can
and I hope that each of us can do the same

it is my wish that each person who feels a little of this
would write just a few words
to share their own feelings
its difficult
but amazingly
it helps
especially when someone writes back
and I'll do my best
so will your sisters out here

that's it
the title probably isn't right
but that doesn't matter, does it?
if you read this far, send me a comment
even if its just to say yes!
thanks

as always,
sleep well,

tom's wife

2 comments:

  1. I understand the feeling of the "phony high." Sometimes, we have to take those where we can get them! I have been very down of late, and have been trying to fight this. Went out with a girl friend of mine after work last week to go clothes shopping and get dinner. It felt so good to do this, as there was no drama to deal with from hubby. From one "sister" to another: we need to be good to ourselves, and sometimes that does make us feel selfish, but I think it also allows us to go on! I have totally come to the conclusion that I need to nurture myself, and give myself things to look forward to. Otherwise, I will be lost. Enjoy your high . . . it may be the shot in the arm you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a HELL YES!
    Every day is a ramble
    Every moment a challenge
    Of some kind
    If we didn't care
    We all would have
    Bagged it a long
    Time ago
    We do care
    And that is
    Why we blog
    About our
    Rambles
    And
    Frustrations
    And occasionally
    Our JOYS!
    YEAH FOR US!
    WIVES OF DIABETICS!

    ReplyDelete