Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick Update

Amazingly, Tom has been doing great lately.
Maybe, somehow he knows that I'm near the breaking point with my job and I really can't handle anything with his health right now
I feel blessed/lucky/ or whatever it is

And my heart just breaks for my "sisters" out there who have it much worse
Your husband's ailments - the one's the doctors choose to talk about -- are really tough
I figure the docs talk about those because those are ones that they have studied and learned
all of the analysis that you guys figured out is information they simply don't have
and it doesn't fit into their cookie-cutter pattern
so they can't deal with it

look at the big diabetes organizations
they refuse to talk about the emotional issues associated with diabetes!
I tried so many times to work through them to get support groups going
and they won't even talk with me

its just sad
but maybe one of the bigger symptoms of our country that just will never go away
if you ignore something long enough, you don't have to deal with it

but we know that doesn't really work

just look at what happened in Arizona

I feel so bad for all of the injured and killed
but I also feel bad for the poor sick young man who used his gun
clearly he is in a lot of pain to go to those kinds of extremes

its snowing outside now and it looks peaceful here
I hope to sleep tonight
I wish the same for you

take care of yourselves.

Tom's Wife

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous upbeat note...must be in the air because wife number 1 has an upbeat note as well...hooray!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you are feeling good...that's the ticket! HUGS

    ReplyDelete