Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Husband's Lament

On one of the major diabetes sites, a husband wrote about how difficult it is to live with a diabetic spouse

I thought his comments were very similar to our own
although they did not display some of the anger we sometimes show -- after all we are writing our own blogs -- we can write without editorial control

It is interesting to me that in all of the years that I have followed the disease -- and in all the times I tried to get someone to listen to me about the difficulties of the spouse -- it is strange that a husband is the first to get a written article published.

I would assume that life is no easier being man or woman married to a person whose blood sugar swings in the manner of a diabetic -- the craziness is simply a symptom of the disease -- but if that man or anyone from any of those organizations bothered to read the blog of Wife of a Diabetic - or any of these other blogs for that matter - they would know that he has lots of company.  my gosh!  maybe there should be a support program in place!  you think?

I, for one, am getting short on sleep lately and need to try to fix that
maybe its the time of year -- but with the cold and the short days
sleep is what I want to do.

take care one and all.......

3 comments:

  1. Hey there. Yes, that post over at D-Mine was a good one with some great insight. Just so you know: they feature spouses semi-regularly, my wife was one of them in the past several months. And another point: we're all a part of the same community, online or not, and most of us read the spouse blogs that are out there. You're totally right that there does need to be more support on the spouse perspectives, and that's something that many have discussed and many in our D-Community are working to make more of a priority at D-conferences and also in the medical community itself. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, too... D-Mine posted another Partner Folly post today from the wife of a longtime Type 1 husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I will have to find the link to D-Mine. Honestly, this blog and the ones I follow IS my major support group!

    ReplyDelete