Monday, August 20, 2012

My Sister Gets It

I have several sisters
One of them called me today
complaining about her husband

she said
"I finally think I understand what you go through,

I just got off the phone with "John" (her husband)
and he is "sick" again
I'm so tired of him coughing and keeping me up at night
all of his "intestinal" problems
his unwillingness to go to the doctor
and his total anger at anytime I want to spend a dollar




the fact that he smokes so many cigarettes.

he doesn't work (my sister is the only wage earner in the house)
he eats chocolate chip cookies and other junk food in the middle of the night
and doesn't do a bit of exercise

well, he really is sick and doesn't take care of it
then its her responsibility to "fix" it for him
or not
but then
the plans for her anniversary dinner
well, they got cancelled because he was "too sick"

hey guys, we understand this, don't we?
we have lived with this forever

she is just realizing it
but I have lived it forever

Ahh,
Life is interesting, Yes???




2 comments:

  1. Yeah. It's funny. Ok, I'm going to sound old fashioned... but, wives have been taken out of the helpmate (equal, yes, but greater because of a supportive and uplifting husband) role and put into the provider role. I'm not saying the woman can't earn the money, or what not, but there is something satisfying to me at least when I feel like my husband is being a leader. I think wives like us lose that in our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, totally get it. Your poor sister! I cannot even begin to count the plans that have been cancelled because hubby was too "sick" to participate. Wow.

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete