Thursday, September 27, 2012

I hate the Fall

this is always a tough tie of year for me
I see it as a time of endings
Yeah, I know some people see it as beginnings
but I just see endings
end of summer
end of long days
end of green
bleah

on top of that it is really busy
people are rushing to get things done in the business world
before the holidays are here
some people are energized by it
I am drained by it

I am struggling with my work, with my mood, and with life in general
my dad is very ill and that makes me so sad...
while, physically he is still with us -- he is in so much pain, he just isn't here....
I visit him as often as I can
but I came down with the flu last weekend and had  to stay away for 10 days

my mom is being really strong (as always)
but everything is very difficult regarding them right now

I understand their desire for independence as much as possible
but my heart is breaking at the same time

I HATE the fall

end note to DW:  my heart is with you right now and is suffering with you also.  I wish you the strength to make the right decisions.  I'm certain you will figure it out -- but recognize how difficult the path may be....

just like I used to write

I hope that we (the wives of diabetics) get some rest tonight
for me -- that's a struggle  each night
I still check multiple times during the night to be sure Tom's is breathing
(he hates that!)

but I can't help it -- its who I am....

2 comments:

  1. I know the path you are on. We had to provide mom with 24/7 care the last 2 months. It took 2 people just to get her to the commode. We knew she was not going to survive, but we did not antivpcipate his moms sudden death. I am just so very tired. And I slept 9 hours last night so I know it is the emotions. Y prayers are with you. I'm sending you hugs

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is who we all are. I think we are given what we are given for a reason. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete