Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's that Device?

Boop82 and Sandy both write very expertly about the diabetic devices their husbands use.
I am impressed.
Tom wears a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) and a pump
I don't know what brand or what style
while I've seen the demo's and some of the menu selections
he is expert at managing his devices and doesn't want (or need) my help
when he goes low -- the devices are not helpful or needed --
I do know how to disconnect the pump if I need to
if I were to ask (or look it up) he would tell me whatever I want to know
(I don't really want to know more)

with Tom, its like 20 questions
he answers every question
but doesn't offer much information beyond the answer to the question

this is his second or third pump and maybe his second CGM
can't really remember
the technology is remarkable and keeps getting better
he is waiting for them to develop the CGM and pump combined into a single small device

 of course, it is all very expensive
we are fortunate to have great medical insurance
although the one year we had to pay a greater share was much more difficult

thanks you guys,
keep writing and informing the rest of us....

Tom's Wife

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. My hubby doesn't deal with all the technology, well, doesn't retain info quickly. So I am the one who normally does the research and handling of it till he gets used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just very interesting that you don't know or want to know. To each their own, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete