Friday, November 2, 2012

Visit to Dietician

Wednesday evening we went to vote and eat dinner out
it was a very pleasant evening
over dinner, Tom mentioned "our" plans to see the dietician on Thursday
HUH???

tomorrow?  I have plans
I don't have that on my calendar
he didn't tell me

he was contrite
does he want me to join him?
hem and haw
yes he wants me to go

its early and its inconvenient
but ok
its important

the dietician is great
she knows how to communicate with Tom in a way he understands

but he is so frustrating
he shows her the reports from his monitor

(he never shows them to me!)
he says the numbers are unusual
he still shows dips in glucose during the afternoon/early evening
I say that it is not uncommon

she says that he is still not eating enough carbs
he says he eats "fruit" things
I say they are candy -- gummy's with vitamin C
he complains that he has gained 10 lbs
she and I say that's ok he looks fine and tests show he is healthy

she tells him he needs to add fat and carb to his diet

I wish someone would tell me that!!! :)

don't really know what all of this means -- just noting it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment