Wednesday, November 28, 2012

After Thanksgiving

One family holiday down, one to go
 I am always envious of people who love these holidays
it used to be fun
today, not so much
my family -- all 24 of us --were together for Thanksgiving
good news:  my dad was ok and enjoyed the evening
bad news:  it was full of stress; lots of competing control freaks;
and the worst is that the next day my dad was in severe pain
too many people around and he was not happy
why don't family members understand that sometimes they are too much?

Tom has been struggling with his sugar this past week
going very low each evening before/during dinner
Here we go again

I seem to remember someone asking me why I don't know more about his dosages
or his machine messages
his machines have been beeping and chiming a lot lately
when I ask what they mean, the answer I seem to always get is:
"my pump needs to be primed"
even though I hear different sounds
I can't get a clear answer
he wants to keep it close to himself
keeps me out

I have to accept it
I learned a long time ago that I have no control
coping is the best I can do
Letting him be in control -- that's his right

 I deal.....
one day at a time


No comments:

Post a Comment