Friday, March 8, 2013

Once in a Lifetime!

As you know, I have been struggling
the loss of my dad has hit me so hard
and yet I go on -- one day at a time

And, you know that I have 4 sisters
sometimes loving -- sometimes needing lots of space

So here is the story
my sister that I'm closest with
called me and said -- we have to go to Florida
we need sun and warm
get away from cold and clouds

Fort Lauderdale?
my favorite city?
ok, I'm there

then she talked to sister #2
they wanted to go to Orlando - Disneyworld
think it will be fun and less expensive
AND, have a niece there

ok, lets go

turns out sister #3 is there visiting her daughter
so off we go

4 of the 5 sisters aged 56 (me) to 62 (one with the daughter in Orlando)
all together
we spent an entire day together going through Disney parks

we have never spent a day having fun together like that
it was amazing

honestly I can't say it was "fun"
I'm not such a Disney person
lots of walking and waiting
but I'm so appreciative of the "moment"
sorry the last sister couldn't be there
found the entire thing poignant

I got home exhausted
happy to see Tom
happy to be home
think I'll sleep through the weekend

2 comments:

  1. I love ft Lauderdale. I'm not a huge Disney fan. Lived in San Diego when my sons were little and got burned out on the Mouse!!

    But time with sisters....always my choice, no matter where! Glad you got away.

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got away with you sisters, even if it wasn't your first choice of place. I only have a brother, so I am a little envious of both of you. Fortunately, I have female friends who are like sisters to me. Thank God for them . . .

    ReplyDelete