Sunday, July 7, 2013

two weeks a the beach, why am I not happy?

Home from 2 weeks at the beach
I enjoyed it
really i did
it wasn't exactly what I had hoped for
too many people around (my sister invited lots of people)
but really it was so nice to be away
and I LOVE the beach

Tom arrived for the last three days
including our 27th anniversary
and, ON OUR ANNIVERSARY
we had an argument about money
he is worried about having enough to live on in our retirement
which is still 10 years away
and he is unhappy spending money on vacations now

what if we don't live another 10 year?
geez
and now I'm worried about my career/job/business choices
I'm already insecure in some of tem
he just added to it

now that I'm home I am feeling the burden of all there is to do
and do it all without spending any money because I just took the first 2-week vacation of my adult-hood

I feel like I should be happy but I'm not
is there something wrong with me?
maybe this week will be better....

2 comments:

  1. absolutely nothing wrong with you at all. It goes with the territory of not knowing from one day to the next if your diabetic husband will be alive or dead....so how can you possibly plan for anything?

    everyone needs a vacation. It recharges our batteries. Renews our spirits, refreshes us. Worth every single penny.

    And you are right - what if you don't live to retirement? You can't take it with you.....enjoy it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's Wife,

    Nothing is wrong with you. It just sounds as if your beach time wasn't the total rejuvenation you had hoped for. And you bring up a valid point: what if you don't live another 10 years? We all hear about people who plan on having "fun" once they retire, and for various reasons, it never happens. I really hope you did manage to enjoy some of your time away! Unfortunately, we always have to come home from vacation, and deal with what we left behind. Take time to enjoy yourself, as you so deserve it.

    Hugs,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete