Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lilly, DW, Washington Post, Tom

Where should I start?
today was really crappy!
two more funerals to attend this week - relatives of relatives -- but still!

Lilly responded to my last post - Thanks Lilly -- you are a gem

DW - you are a hero -- doing amazing things with your life despite amazing odds

There was a very interesting article in today's Washington Post by someone describing living with his daughter's t-1 diabetes and the health insurance changes.  It was a well-written article something I recommend reading.

now to the Tom update.  he is having challenges managing his glucose -- high, low, high -- but the point is that he IS working at it and on balance is doing ok.  BUT, on Thursday in the midst of the horrible storms we had, Tom was hit by another car on his way home from work -- no one was hurt and it was clearly the other guy's fault.  The damage is going to be more than $3,000 and the kid who hit him wants to pay for it rather than go through insurance.  sounds fine on the surface.  but we don't know what it will cost and I am just not comfortable with loose arrangements on stuff like this.  I want the car fixed, I want to report it to the other guy's insurance company and get this done with.  I don't feel comfortable with all of the unknowns around doing it differently.  Ok, so you tell me to just let Tom handle it.  But he won't -- he works during regular business hours and I'm going to be away at the beach for two weeks.  we either tell the insurance company now or forget it.  Here is the kicker -- when we were talking about it tonight - Tom said to me: well, I need to balance your desires with those of the kid.  REALLY!!  The kid gets the same consideration as me??!!!!

and, he doesn't get it.  what's wrong?  what's the problem?  I'm so angry!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I would be angry too! I am with you. It absolutely needs to be reported. And YOU need to enjoy your 2 weeks at the beach!

    ReplyDelete