Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tom's New Monitor

I may have mentioned that Tom has a new monitor
its not perfect -- he has to "calibrate" often
and we know it is not accurate yet
but its better than nothing

last week -- its showed that he was lower than he really was
it said 57 and we knew he wasn't that low
but he was low
and that was the issue

then today he was low and he kept telling me that the monitor was telling me he was between 95 and 110
I was really busy with lots of other things including my parents, my sister and my niece
but I knew he wasn't that high

a few arguments and glasses of juice later
he was fine

but here is what bothered me

he hid his juice drinking and chocolate eating
why does he need to hide that?
does he think I care?
that he is a bad person because he needs to eat sugar?

I know if I ask he will say he wasn't hiding it
but facts are facts....


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that is weird! I am finding that sometimes, my hubby just can't admit that I'm right, and he is wrong about where his sugar is at. So, so frustrating! I wonder if part of it is that they feel so out of control with having diabetes in the first place, that they have to always be "right" when it comes to their management of it? Or maybe your Tom was hoping that his CGM would finally be the device that made everything better for him, and is upset when it isn't as accurate as it should be.

    By the way, my hubby has had a CGM for the past several months. It really has helped to lessen the lows (provided he has his hearing aids in, hears it go off, AND does something about it!), but they are still far from the "magic bullet" that fixes everything. We're all still waiting for that . . .

    Take care and hang in there,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete