Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Car Accident

I must have had a premonition
if you have read my posts
(or been inside my head lately)
you would know that I have been focused on the concern of Tom having an accident in his car
Well, it happened Tuesday night

I was out for dinner, and he had gone to play tennis since we had great weather
he doesn't remember anything
one minute he was on the tennis courts
the next minute he was in an ambulance

somehow he hit three cars
he did not get a ticket even though the police were called
his car has no apparent damage

but.....
all three of the other drivers have submitted claims to the insurance company
I received a call today
the ins company is concerned and wonders whether he should continue to drive
does he need extra insurance

we already had a big increase in our rates

who knows what's next
I'm very stressed!



4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm very sorry to hear about that. While it's a positive that he wasn't hurt and no one else was, and there was no police response, it is unfortunate about the insurance and driving-capability questions that have come up. Hope it works out. Good, hopeful de-stressing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so strange to happen after your recent posts. I'm truly glad he wasn't hurt, but what if the outcome had been different? If it happened to me, I would quit driving. Again, I so grateful that Tom is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH LORD!!! SORRY to hear this disturbing news. HUGS and THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Tom is okay, and that no one else was hurt. Surprised that he did not get ticketed. How does HE feel about what happened? My hubby didn't drive for almost a month after he totaled his truck on Christmas day. I know he scared himself.

    ReplyDelete