Friday, June 8, 2012

Add Food! What a Shock!

The appointment with the dietician was great.
Bottom line, she told Tom that he needed to add almost 100 mg(?) of carbs a day!!!!!

she gave him scientific sounding reasons
he had gone so long on a low-carb diet that his system was completely depleted
his kidneys were trying to process protein into carbs after exercise because there was no sugar to process

she convinced him that he was causing more damage than good!

he still said he didn't like being there
he didn't want to go again
-- he actually told her that!

but she was terrific!
she never told him what to do!
she just said
"how about this"
and
"what do you think about that"
she had the best disposition

He agreed that he would add the extra carbs to his daily menu
its been two days and he told me that he did "ok" not great
I told him I was proud of him for trying

 we will see how the weekend goes....

2 comments:

  1. I hope for both of your sakes that Tom sticks with this dietitian! Sounds like the visit was all positive.

    Take care,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a type 2 diabetic and I was amazed when the dietician said he needed to have more carbs than I thought allowed (I'm new to the whole diabetes thing). It's amazing how bodies react to everything.

    ReplyDelete