Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dont Trust the Monitor?

Thanks for the comments on my last post
It seems that some people just want to over-control
and Tom is one of those people

Doesn't matter what type of diabetic a person is - if they are not eating a balanced diet,
its not healthy
change that!  if anyone is not eating a balanced diet, its not healthy

I certainly don't always eat balanced - so I am not a great role model
but Tom goes to the other extreme

He reports to me that he is doing better
but last night was crazy with the monitor beeping non-stop for two hours
reporting 56 one minute and then 250 ten minutes later

despite my repeated requests, it took awhile for him to actually test his blood
he was low - but not 56

it was frustrating

but mostly we have had a better week since the meeting with the dietician


3 comments:

  1. It seems that none of the "tools" available to diabetics are completely fool-proof. So frustrating!

    Hang in there,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's Wife,

    Not sure how else to contact you. Your "name change from Tom's Wife" post shows up in the blogs I am following, but I can't find that post when I go to your blog. Thinking something is wrong, and I don't want to totally lose touch with you! Was the name change thing even your post, as it sounded different???

    Take care,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad day...bad weekend...Spent weekend with old friends...,high school and before friends...40th anniversary party...anyway I see other couples and I want a normal marriage...a semi- loving one...a better one...I just don't want this disease anymore....I am truly miserable and I see no way out....please help me. Am I t only one who hates so much...I just want something better in the last years....think I'm up truly having a pity party...Can I truly depend on friends for the things I need...things you want from your husband of 41 years to provide...where do I go....way can do?...I truly feel I am here to SERVE him...desmestically...cook, clean wash, iron, pay bills...,things yep that can be hired out...not a partnership much less a marriage...I am truly failing at this...TX DW

    ReplyDelete