Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Don't Lose Faith!

I am so sad that I received the following post from TX DW:

Bad day...bad weekend...Spent weekend with old friends...,high school and before friends...40th anniversary party...anyway I see other couples and I want a normal marriage...a semi- loving one...a better one...I just don't want this disease anymore....I am truly miserable and I see no way out....please help me. Am I t only one who hates so much...I just want something better in the last years....think I'm up truly having a pity party...Can I truly depend on friends for the things I need...things you want from your husband of 41 years to provide...where do I go....way can do?...I truly feel I am here to SERVE him...desmestically...cook, clean wash, iron, pay bills...,things yep that can be hired out...not a partnership much less a marriage...I am truly failing at this.

Please hang in there for the moment!
I can understand your despair but am not sure how to help
first, you are not the only one --  there are many of us!
I'm not even sure what a normal marriage is anymore
At this moment in time, I am not hating, but I am pitying him
he would dislike that of course
the dietician told him he is killing himself
and he refuses to eat better
he eats too little (not too much like other dh's)
but killing himself anyway

I too am tired of the drama
tired of not getting taken care of

I find that I cannot depend on friends too much
they are helpless and have their own problems
believe it or not their marriages are probably not "normal" either
no matter what they tell you

can you take a break at all?
my heart is breaking for you
write to me again
I'll bet others will respond also


3 comments:

  1. Definitely not alone. I've only been married and dealing with some of the scarier sides of diabetes for only 3 months. I wonder what it will be like in 40 years. My husband is actually pretty compliant, but it is exhausting playing nurse, housekeeper motivator, dietitian, mathematician... I can't comprehend what it will be like aa time and stubborness goes by

    ReplyDelete
  2. To TX DW:

    My heart goes out to you! 41 years is a long time. I have been gone from my husband for 2 months now, and yes, I was little more than the maid, cook, and verbal punching bag. Now that I am gone, he is paying someone else to do most of what I did. Hopefully he is not yelling at her when she comes to clean!

    I don't know what "normal" is anymore either. I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day about our separation. She said she understood, as she has never (?!) been happy in her marriage. I always thought they had a great marriage, and her hubby is not diabetic. Maybe we all have our own story to tell?

    Take care, and take the time to be good to yourself . . .

    Hugs,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all....things ok...gone to other home to mow, clean, dr., grocery shop, and see old friends...upon return DH had 3 lows and bad attitude...how does he do it when I'm not here??? Not looking forward to 1 day holiday...just another day of trying to stay out of his way...it's hard to think it's not me....I swear I don't try to provoke him...seems I just do it by beng here...the "eggshell" floor is getting bigger & bigger...again thanks for being out there...I look forward to new posts..and Lily...where did you go? Sorry, read post twice ans little confused... But all the best to my iPad friends...TX DW

    ReplyDelete