Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blips

Tom ran out of supplies this weekend, while we were in the middle of a huge family event

I don't understand

Nothing bad happened, but really, how does someone run out?

His monitor ran out of inserts -- I'm not saying that I totally understand all of the pieces and dynamics of that

However, the key point is that he had run out of inserts and had not ordered new ones
He was waiting for -- something to happen -- I don't know what -- and then he would order more ???

why would he wait? why not order more when he is down to one or two? its not like insurance won't let him....

I know this, because its my insurance policy and I have ordered them for him through the on-line program.

I didn't understand why he was in such a bad mood last week - being really nasty to me in the days before the party. then on Saturday morning (the party was on Saturday night) he went really low and I saved him once again. he admitted that he was having trouble with his automatic meter -- it just wasn't working right -- he was frustrated and trying to force it work

Well you and I both know that it wasn't working and that he was probably swinging high and low for days before I finally caught him in the big low

sigh, how can you help someone who makes it really difficult to figure out there is a problem

Once we identified the problem with the meter, he got back on-program, did "manual" testing and was fine. he ordered new supplies on Monday morning and will install the new insert tonight. So I know this is just one of those blips, but why would he put himself (and me) through this?

tell me, are his mood swings worse than ours?
and, we usually don't mind admitting that we have ours,
Tom is loathe to admit that he is in a bad mood much less
that he is having a bad moment relative to his sugar

Oh well, I'm glad he is back to steady
I hope everyone else will get to have a peaceful night
personally I'm getting ready to have an early night

sleep well and take care.

Tom's Wife

1 comment:

  1. Hang in...I am delighted to meet others who are married to men with diabetes...this in itself has already helped me...before this, all those years I didn't realize I was under all this stress...and it stemmed from my hubby being diabetic. I will get into my situarion more, I am just happy to have found you and the other wife of a diabetic who posts on blogspot. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete