Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

At first I thought it really was a calm weekend, just as planned
but he fooled me, again.

I went for orange juice this morning - and the bottle was empty
Tom doesn't drink orange juice -- unless he needs sugar
I just bought that bottle on Saturday when I went shopping

Now I am thinking back over the weekend
the beeping monitor
the angry outbursts -- that I ignored and walked away from
the empty soda bottle (the sugar kind) that was in an unexpected place

Doesn't it just amaze you when you realize that you are a detective also?

True, I love reading detective novels and watching them on tv
but I didn't really think I do it!

Wrong!

Put all the clues together and there it is
he was swinging all weekend

he must have been very high when he was so mean Saturday afternoon and I walked out of the house

He told me he was low and asked me to drive to dinner that night and then again Sunday morning when we went out, he asked me to drive -- these are not normal for him

it goes on -- I won't bore you

it is also odd, because despite the few moments -- we had a very nice weekend

Living in the DC area is a wonderful thing -- we went down to the Capitol and watched the PBS concert. It was wonderful -- very emotional!

Being from the Viet Nam generation, it is an odd feeling to once again be on the National Mall during such an event. I'm certain it has to do with age and the times we currently live in -- but today I have an entirely new perspective on everything

I still detest war -- it feels wrong to send young people to kill other people
But yesterday's ceremony seemed as much about honoring the people who made it back as it was remembering the ones who didn't. That was good.

Very moving!

They fight battles in other parts of the world, we fight battles every day in our own homes,

Now I am very tired,,,

as I said, it was an emotional weekend...

Tom's Wife

1 comment:

  1. Hubby was blah all day...he is a veteran of the Viet Nam war and sometimes he gets sad on Memorial Day, but sugar was up and I suspect he just didn't feel well. One angry outburst but short lived...I hear ya, sister. I hear ya. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete