Wednesday, September 7, 2011

GRRR!

Is it just me?  ok, I know its not.

Just about every night since the night Tom had the major failure driving a couple of Friday's ago
He has gone low before dinner -- too low
Tonight he arrived home confused and dazed
he "forgot" to do a few errands,  what?
his explanation:  he ate a candy bar before he left work and thought that would be enough
on a good day, its an hour drive - today with the weather it was way over an hour
and he is a high-stress driver - by choice

when I asked him what he is going to do to fix things
he said he just didn't know
he was doing everything he knew to do
I said that wasn't good enough
he needed to figure something out
what if he had another accident and lost his ability to drive?
was there no one on earth who could help him?

he finally admitted to me that he has a doc apptment next week
why was that so hard to tell me?

really what is wrong with him?
I mean other than the diabetes?
he doesn't understand that I have to live through this also!

and yet, its weird, I'm worried and angry, but separated
this is his issue not mine
he has to address it
I can't fix it
so I'm in the place of nowhere
I can't fix it, I can't do anything but watch the crisis build
every day another tile is added to the stack
eventually they are all going to fall over
I guess I will have to pick them up
I will have to deal with it then

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I so understand...you & I find it hard to believe that DH's would not eat before they drive...mine is on his last chance with DPS..
    Just hope we can get through...at least his company has offered a driver...but you wonder why would they not eat properly... of course mine hates food...he only eats to live and likes to keep his weight as low as possible..
    and when you speak of high stress driver... mine is a high stress liver...all the timer...yes, they have to fix it...we just get to stay worried and pray that no one else gets hurt! I pray that everytime he starts the car... do you drive with him? Can't remember if you are the DW who stopped that activity...I try to but sometimes it's impossible..I just hold on and pray...hate to live that way but so glad to know that I am not alone..love the analogy of the tiles...I can see the stack building..
    again keep posting...you are doing so much for others...anyone else in on the driving problem?
    Hoping that today will be better...keep your chin up...thanks again...TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding that often our diabetic husbands don't make a lot of sense! Is it denial? Are their brains malfunctioning . . . and if so, is it because their sugars are low, or is there something else going on?

    And you are so right: he needs to figure it out, because you can't be in the car coming home with him every day. And would he listen to you if you were? I know mine wouldn't. I have often wondered what it will take before my husband can't drive anymore, and that scares me, as both our lives will change drastically. I understand your concerns!

    Hugs,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete