Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dad

So my dad is in the hospital
Thursday he was in so much pain the doc sent him to the hospital
after many hours they finally got him checked in
I sat with my parents while the medical machinery wound its way through the process
I didn't get home till 10:30 pm (we started this "adventure" before noon)
LONG day

tests were ordered....

test #1 conducted on Friday - inconclusive
test #2 conducted on Saturday took over 2 hours and the process was so painful doc insisted dad spend another night in the hospital

results today - not good
many new lesions on his spine that were not there a month ago
doc prescribes radiation to "ease the pain" (not cure him)
dad asked to go home
NOPE
dad still needs too much medication - need to stay at hospital

parents heard the news and just deflated
it was as if all the air in the room just disappeared
it was silent for several minutes

My mom is comparing this to when my cousin went through the final stages of cancer
she is preparing herself for my dad to be dying
I think my dad is also and just wants it to be over

as I told the information to my sisters, they all responded differently
we will stick together
fortunately we have each other

it could be a challenging time..
who knows what will happen next....

No comments:

Post a Comment