Monday, January 18, 2010

The Flu

A very nasty stomach flu bug hit us this week. First me for two days and then Tom for two days. It was totally debilitating!

The year is starting off very mixed.

I am struggling to force myself to go to work each day. I'm sure it's me - but I am taking offense at just about everything my boss says to me lately. Its probably no different than things he has said before, but for some reason lately they sound different. The enormous amount of work that in the past I sometimes found challenging now feels impossible and I feel taken for granted. I need to figure out how to change my attitude.

I'm glad the holidays are over; they are always too much for me.

My family stuff is good. For the past two months, everyone has been caught up in their own plans and holiday stuff and have pretty much left Tom and me alone. That's been good. I talked with them when I wanted and didn't when I didn't have to. Now we are coming into birthday season. And its a year with quite a few "decade" birthdays -- an 85, 80, a couple of 60's, and a 50.

So then the big discussion becomes: how many "occasions" do we have? Depends on who you ask. Long story short. The next few months could get a little intense but we will see. May will be the big month -- with three weekends in a row now planned. sigh. we will see how that works out.

Tom and I have been doing some remodeling and that has been going very well - I am really happy with that.

I am taking a couple of days in Vegas with my sister next weekend -- not much of a gambler but its a fun place to visit. And I'm taking the entire week off of work so that will be good. However, I have had quite a lot of time off lately, and all its really done is make me realize that I don't like working very much right now. (I went right back there didn't I?)

So that's where I stand right now

Tom's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment