Monday, January 18, 2010

Husbands!

DW: thank you for the interesting test regarding glycemic index readings. Tom and I went through it together and we were both wrong on most of the questions. Of course, while I found that interesting, he got angry.

On to the category of his doctor's results. I'm not sure there is anything much more aggravating than trying to figure out how to help them with their medical care when they won't tell you the truth. I've said this before and I'll say it again. They say its their disease and they don't want or need your help. They will take care of themselves. But when they pass out or drive crazy or can't walk or have organ failure -- who is there is to take care of them? We are the ones who have to figure out what to do!

So, yes, it is important to understand what's going on. I recall a nurse asking me once what dose of insulin he takes. Of course I had no idea. She was furious at me. "How can you not know? Don't you know? .... " Well, you know the rest.

So when I read DW's post about her husband's latest doctor's visits. I know the story. Been there, done that. All I can say, is that I'm sorry, I know how it feels and I hear your anger. Frankly, its crappy. But then again, we know that there is nothing we can do about it. We hate it, but we deal with it. You with your art, me with my disappearing act. I'll go away for a few days, and I'll feel better. Then I'll come back and be ok until the next time.

Good luck. I'm with you.

Tom's Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment