Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Note to Young Husband

So sad,
I feel horrible for Gregory and I feel horrible for each of us
As we go through our days, trying to cope with everything in life
the stuff that "normal" people deal with
the weather, our jobs, our families, our weight, our other bad habits
then on top of it all, we had the extra challenge of falling in love with a diabetic
when we were "young" (whatever that means) we had no clue what it would mean
one of the thoughts that flashed through my mind as I was reading Gregory's post was that I remember those days
and then I thought: oh, you are so young, wait until you have been married 20 years!
then I caught myself -- I would have hated it when people say that to me!

But sometimes, I feel so old, and the coping process feels so old,
it has been so many years of asking for promises, wishing for change, hoping for a miracle
But it never happens, and I'm disappointed again
some times its not just my creaky bones that make it hard to get up in the morning
its the challenge of waking up and trying to believe in him again just to be disappointed again

it goes back to dw's question -- do you stay or do you leave?
we stay, we come to these sites and maybe we whine a little
it helps us blow off steam with others who understand us
and then we go back and do it all again

here is wishing all of you another day of hoping

Tom's wife

No comments:

Post a Comment