Thursday, August 25, 2011

He's OK, of course

So, he called and he was sort of panicked
he was confused and needed my help
by that time, I had called my sister for help

so here is what happened
I called my sister and said I was worried - he should have been gone 15 minutes
and he was gone an hour
this was not right
he should have answered his cell phone and he didn't

she said she would go to the store where he should have been
I didn't want to leave home in case he (or the police) called here

he called - driving - not knowing where he was
while on the phone with him
trying to get him to pull over
she called

I tried to get him to simply pull over
of course -- he won't just do that
he found a Mcdonalds and pulled in there
got out and got some food
sound good?
yes but it really would have been better if he had
just pulled over to the side of the road and not driven further
and not done anything at all!

anyway, my sister picked me up
and he stayed on the phone
he got food
believe it or not
he refused to get full sugar soda
he still insisted on half diet and half sugar soda
geez!

we got to him - he didn't argue about me driving
my sister left
the car seat and the seat belt were soaking wet
yick!

I drove home -- he was miles from where he should have been

again he was lucky
but he is now really mad at himself
he is apologizing to me

I think I lost a few more years

they say all is well that ends well
I'm not sure
my system is still not calm

this hasn't happened in many years ==
hope it doesn't happen again for many more


3 comments:

  1. OMG...I have been there so many times I lost count...you pray he doesn't get into an accident or even worse hurt someone else...I totally understand...you pace the floor looking out the window every minute or two...
    Bless your heart...it is so hard...than your mind wonders to the "what ifs"...but glad things worked out well...think we are facing another UPHILL battle with the state but will detail later as I am tired and kinda out of it due to a medical procedure they "forced" me to do...you know when you reach that age they a
    like to prode and poke everywhere possible. gain glad things are ok with you and glad to see posts again...miss you all...TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely been ther....not fun....my husband doesnt drive much these days so that is one thing less for me to worry about but on the rare occasion that he does drive, I'm a wreck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom's Wife,
    So sorry you had to go through this!

    My hubby has had so many instances of low blood sugars behind the wheel that I absolutely refuse to get in the vehicle with him unless I am driving.

    However, he does still drive on his own when I am not available, and it is not always good.

    Take care,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete