Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thank You, Tom

Sometimes, life is better than others.
Right now, I am feeling lucky to be married to Tom.
Maybe its odd but I'm grateful that Tom is taking care of his health right now

I'm trying to remember whether life is usually better in summer than winter
I know that I am always happier in summer than winter
but it never occurred to me that the same may be true for Tom also
if that is the case then its possible that his health could be worse in the winter
hmm, something new to consider

then, also, we have the big change in my career
and truthfully its going phenomenally well, but it does change things
and he is being a true champ -- being supportive in every possible way
I never can predict these things with him

But he is truly being my rock and the foundation that I need
its not like our early years -- not at all
and I'm not sure I would call it "better" so much as "different"
there are still scars from our years of "fighting this disease and each other"

but right now, and this very moment, I am happy to take a moment and share my comfort and say I'm glad I stayed. Tom and I share a life (at this moment in time) that is right for the two of us. It will get hard again and it will get better again -- but it is what it is. Its my life.......

1 comment:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! I am in that same happy wave these days...hoping it lasts...enjoying while it is happening. May all the others be in this up state too. HUGS and LOVE

    ReplyDelete