Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Tired Too

After reading DW's post from Friday night, I'm with her
Suddenly, I'm really considering the idea of leaving
at the end of the day, its the mean-ness -- the selfishness
Over the last month there has been a definite increase in his mean treatment to me
it is probably not obvious to the casual observer
and if I were to list any one item, you would say - no big deal
you need a tougher skin

but why do I need to have a tougher skin at home
isn't that the place where I can be and just feel loved?
just feel safe?
why should I have to be home and worry about saying the wrong thing at the risk of being made fun of?

And as I said the other day, there is always the question as to whether it is diabetes-induced or just personality-induced

Also, as DW said, when they call you a liar -- because they just can never be wrong -- the pain builds up to a point where it is sometimes just too much to bear

I'm sitting across the room from Tom today and I can tell, he "doesn't know what is wrong" Why am I so angry today?

But I don't know if its "anger" as much as it is defeat
was this a personality "deficiency" he had before I met him and I missed it?
has his diabetes taken over so much of his life that I'm just an appendage?
I'm just there to help him survive?

I went on-line and looked at apartment rentals in the area today
clearly the money would be harder than it is today
but I could do it
I'm sure I would have times of loneliness - but not sure it would be worse than today

do you ever wonder whether the emotional toll on us -- which doesn't get measured -- is so different than the physical toll on them -- which does get measured. At least someone tries to treat theirs....

Its only 1 pm and I feel defeated for the day already.

1 comment:

  1. At least once a week, I ask myself why I stay. Today was that day. We stay because we love the man we knew when we married. We know it's the diabetes that has changed them. We know it's not who they really are. Yet, when the time comes to leave, each one of us will know. We have to do what is best for us. And there should be no remorse. No one should have to endure the verbal and sometimes physical abuse that happens when a diabetic goes low. No one.

    ReplyDelete