Friday, June 25, 2010

Ahh, the beach

I love being on vacation
the plane lands, we arrive at the hotel, and I am transported
there is nothing better

Oops!
We can't take a vacation from our health
Tom picked up a bug - has been sick (stomach) all day
He is good about it -- I was at the pool all day
he didn't even tell me until I got back to the room at 5
he wants to be left alone to sleep it off
don't blame him
but he is not good about keeping hydrated

So I'm doing my best not to worry
but you know, you can never really turn it off
I'll go downstairs in awhile and have a small dinner
that doesn't bother me at all
I will pick up some saltines, some almonds, some soda
we already have water in the room
just so if he can, he can have something if/when he is able to

Its always something, yes?

1 comment:

  1. YES, indeed...you feel sorry for the guy and then you feel sorry for yourself...and that's okay.
    When we went west for a wedding, Tom didn't feel good most of the time and a lot of it was from the accident and the subdural hematoma and I was attentive but some of the time when all he wanted to do was sleep or rest in the room I was out and about and that was okay too. The balancing act...Hugs and Love.

    ReplyDelete