Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Comments and Chat

I spoke with my niece about my blog
well not specifically THIS ONE because I prefer to stay a little anonymous
but blogging in general

I won't bore you with the entire conversation, but the end result is that I am going to post more of your comments going forward. You see, I would write more often if it felt like I was having a conversation with friends, rather than me just blabbing about my problems to the air. If I wanted to just write for no one to see, I would go back to writing in my private journals. (actually I still do that)

On good days, I'm not sure I have anything to say -- and I certainly don't want to "show off"
and sometimes on bad days, I'm so exhausted or angry that writing is the last thing I want to do

So you guys can help.

Lynn, you have been great lately, and JustLittleMe occasionally sends really nice notes.
Those are just two people who are in similar situations and their comments will make this blog richer.

About once a month I receive an anonymous note from someone new -- I have tried to respond myself -- but now I think I should simply post those comments and let all of us try to support the new person.

Is this what a Blog is supposed to be for? I don't know. But its what I want to do now and my niece has given me permission. So help me out.

Let me know if you are sad, angry, defeated, hurt, or whatever by your diabetic husband. Or share your stories of how you have dealt with living with one. The rest of us can learn or laugh or cry with you.

I will continue to share my trials and tribulations -- because after all I started this whole thing -- but your input will make it all the richer.

thank you for the community -- hopefully we can all build a better support system out of it.

Tom's Wife

1 comment:

  1. Years ago when I was in a dark place, I asked my doctor at the time (think she was a PA) about talking to someone and she said, "oh just write down your feelings and look it over and keep it or tear it up, that's as good as talking to a professional." At the time I felt terrible, I was looking for help and didn't feel helped.
    I create novels and that is a wonderful creative outlet, but writing down feelings is also a great way to vent, and ultimately get the help, as witnessed on sites like blogspot...so yes, let us all write away our feelings and experiences...when that woman told me that I resisted and felt neglected, now I get it...so RIGHT/WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete