Thursday, June 17, 2010

Being Tired and Moving Forward

DW is tired -- he doesn't do what he is supposed to and she has to deal with the consequences

Welcome to the life of a diabetic's wife -- I know there are exceptions to the rule
that's why they are "rules" -- right?

but certainly that explains my life

Tom has had a "cold" for the past two weeks
He has been so sick that he missed days of work -- he never does that
he even slept in the second bedroom -- he never does that either

Finally I nagged enough and he went to the doctor today
She diagnosed him with bronchitis and he believed her
Now he is on medicine - several of them
Now he is convinced that he is sick

Now I am sick
Why won't he listen to me?
what am I -- just a nag? clearly that's my purpose in his life....

In the meantime, I'm getting by
My quest for the next phase of my life goes on
Still questing, still pondering
one of these days I'll figure something out

in the meantime, next week I am taking a vacation
going to Key West for 5 days
can't wait

but still have a week to go

good night
good rest......

tom's wife

1 comment:

  1. The Keys...Key West...Hemingway's estate with all those cats...went there once for one day after my mother-in-law passed. She lived in Ft. Myers and we got in the car and drove down and then drove back...SLoppy Joe's for pulled pork sandwiches, it was a great day.
    Here's to you have a GREAT week there. HUGS

    ReplyDelete