Saturday, June 19, 2010

Priorities

You know how it is when you just have to make decisions to let things go?
I am one of those people who likes to have everything in its place
I don't go crazy about it
little bits of disorder is ok for periods of time
but then the family room just has to be cleaned up
or the stack of magazine just has to be sorted through and old ones thrown away

Yes, I hang up my clothes every night
my closet (which is large) is neat and organized
No, I don't have children and there is a reason for that

But even without children when you share a home with someone else
you have to compromise on some things
and one person's stuff could by another person's mess

Tom hates to throw anything away
I have no such problem
more often I'm sorry that I no longer have something that I threw away

We have a room that we set up as my office when we moved into this house
Tom's office is in another room
I got the silly notion that this meant that what was mine was mine and what was his was his
What was that about?

I never go into his office -- it is piled high with stuff (remember he doesn't throw things away)
No, he got to the point where he doesn't like using his office any more so he uses mine
now mine is starting to look like a mess also

It is so exhausting trying to keep it neat or trying not to be annoyed or arguing about it
I try not to get upset
but its really hard

The crazy thing is that on some things, Tom is very organized and when I have had enough and force the issue he works with me to clean it up and put everything away where it belongs

but why do I have to be the bad guy and demand it?
why can't he just do it?
I know, that's a stupid question

the thing that has me all riled up is that I went looking for something today
and of course I can't find it
on top of that, when I was moving his junk, a stack of papers fall on the floor
making a bigger mess
then a box of stuff fell on my foot -- OUCH

so I gave up
tomorrow I'll ask him if he can find what I was looking for
he will probably find it in two seconds
and he won't complain at all
because he is a nice guy like that
I'm the mean one

I really need this vacation
I made an appointment for a massage on my first day there

can't wait -- maybe I won't have to talk to almost anyone for a few days
see, I'm not so nice -- but that feels real appealing right now

happy weekend.
tom's wife

1 comment:

  1. I just had my gal's get away day and what fun...I recommend it...we spent 2 hours eating and yakking at Olive Garden...shopped, saw Karate Kid, had fun foamy beverages at Panera Bread and yakked some more...it was FUN! Actual FUN! Girl Girl FUN!
    HUGS, my friend. I wish for you some FUN!

    ReplyDelete