Monday, May 28, 2012

Back to Normal - Is that Good?

So life has resumed to normal....
Tom kept me posted about his whereabouts for all of three days
on the other hand, we (he) have kept up keeping his food journal
its not very detailed -- but at least its a start

and, I think he averages at least three glucose readings below 50 per week
yesterday morning was another "crisis level" event
I woke up and "knew"
I ignored it for a few minutes -- just didn't want to deal
but it was 8 am so I turned over and looked at him
the sheets were soaking wet
and he was thrashing around - fighting his demons
so - calmly now - I got some glucose into him
waited 15 minutes and tested his sugar
40 --
6 oz of cranberry juice then another 15 minutes
another glucose test - another 45 reading
another 6 oz of cranberry juice and another 15 minute wait
The entire time he is talking crazy and flailing around
but he no longer hits out at me

So -- long story short -- our day was delayed by an hour
and his body took another hit (my opinion)
I wonder if its sort of like a punch to the organs
and my heart/nerves took one too

but today is "normal" again

this is our life...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have been there more times than I want to remember...but you seem a little calmer than I usually am...however...you want to know how this slips into everyday life...how low is too low...how can you not feel something...
    We just wait and get the juice...after the episode the DH has no idea what the heck you ar talking about...they look at you like you are crazy...sometimes it just makes it all too much...I feel somewhat better to know someone out there understands as some family members seem to think that I may embellish. And when can a true discussion begin regarding the mental impact of this horrible disease. TX DW

    ReplyDelete