Thursday, May 17, 2012

Food Log

so here is what we are doing now...
we downloaded an app to his phone so he could log his food each day
not going to work -- he thinks its too much work
so each night I ask him what he eats and he tells me and I write it down on a pad
I am amazed at how little and how infrequently he eats
he gets up and drives to work at 5:30 am
when he gets to work he eats a breakfast bar
at 11:30 he eats a salad with balsamic dressing
when he gets home he has dinner -- that could be anywhere between 6:30 and 8 pm
he leaves work around 5 pm and IF
he recognizes that he is low on the drive home he will eat -- get this!
chocolate candy

I didn't know any of this until Monday when I started writing this down
I try to make good dinners
protein and veggies -- since he pretty much refuses to each carbs (no potatoes, no rice, etc)
and even with veggies he is fairly picky)
and then he drinks what he calls one glass of wine but is really 8 ounces
at around 10 pm

I just don't think this is a good diet for a diabetic
but when I asked him -- he strongly believes in it

we will leave this up the dietician in June
in the meantime we shall see what happens
and life goes on....




No comments:

Post a Comment