Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Steady as she goes...

TX DW wrote..

Oh my gosh...I have been there more times than I want to remember...but you seem a little calmer than I usually am...however...you want to know how this slips into everyday life...how low is too low...how can you not feel something...



Yes, well "calm" is somewhat of an illusion.  Am I calm or am I just waiting for the next time? 
she also wrote...

We just wait and get the juice...after the episode the DH has no idea what the heck you ar talking about...they look at you like you are crazy...sometimes it just makes it all too much...I feel somewhat better to know someone out there understands as some family members seem to think that I may embellish. And when can a true discussion begin regarding the mental impact of this horrible disease. 

My family is a mixture of reactions.  Some want to help fix the problem.  -- well you and I know that there is only one person who can do that - Tom.  Until he is ready to really figure it out then no one else can do it.  I am hoping that the meeting with the dietician will help.  I also told him about some of the things I have read on the american diabetes association website recently.  He said he would look at it.  (not sure I believe that -- but we will see)  The dietician is next week.


surprisingly, my mom has been most supportive == rather than try to fix things she has become a good listener and sympathizer.  Traditionally this has not been her role in life -- so you never know.

Then again, it took me years before I even told anyone about Tom's challenges with the disease.  so some of this is still relatively new to them.  I've been dealing with it for over 25 years (he of course has had it for more than 40). 

But life goes on (we hope) and take it one day at a time -- its all we have.

Good luck to everyone else --  Hopefully this was a good Memorial Day weekend for you....


No comments:

Post a Comment