Friday, July 6, 2012

Home Alone!

Finally!  All of my family is gone!
my sister, her husband and dog have gone home
they finally have power at their house"
poor them, they were out of power from Friday night until Thursday night
they lost lots of food and their house smells a bit

And yet all is well in the end
since I have had family here since Saturday, my house is a mess
but I am too tired to do anything tonight
tomorrow is cleaning day!

my family likes to cook when they are under pressure
so when my mom was here we made lemon meringue pie
(had lots of lemons!)

when my sister was here, we made a Texas chocolate something cake (don't remember the details but it sure was yummy!)

there are food bits and crumbs and dog hairs all other the place

I think I'm feeling grumpy after all of this
I know I shouldn't because after all, they couldn't be home
and I'm grateful that at least I could be home

but after all that excitement"
I am just plain tired!

I love my sister and she is lots of fun
but she takes a lot of my energy

I will be happy to go back to my regular schedule next week

 OK
I am going to relax tonight and just try to stay cool
Tom had a bunch of lows yesterday (our anniversary!)
but I can't deal with that
he listened to me and took care of himself

I am just going to be grumpy by myself
I'm entitled!


2 comments:

  1. Tom's Wife,

    Yes, you are very entitled! Congratulations on getting through and surviving a full week of sharing your house with your family. Great that you could do it, but I would be exhausted and grumpy too. Put your feet up and chill out . . . the crumbs and dog hairs will wait.

    Hugs,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~~~~ LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete