Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thanks for Taking Care of Me

It is very nice that he says those words,
but frankly at 4 in the morning I wish I didn't need to deal with the struggle.
Yes, I guess that's when Tom finally dealt with all of the stress of the last few days

he was arguing with the radio
turning it on and off and volumes impossible for human (and dog) ears
he was speaking in nonsense words
I got him 4 ounces of juice and promptly fell back to sleep
but also asked him to let me know before he left for work
amazingly he did -- and he even showed me the number on his monitor
I have no idea what it said because I had fallen back to sleep and had no glasses on
but just the fact that he did that was meaningful

so all seems ok this morning

my sister's family (her, husband and dog) are still staying here
but everyone is back to work today so maybe the day will feel more normal

Oh, how  interesting our lives can be.

Happy Fourth of July everyone.

Tom's WIfe

1 comment:

  1. Glad your DH realized your help this time...it does mean sooooo much when they get it...yes, my kids are grown but they don't seem to know what to do either...dad is and as always been dominate...in a good way most of the time and of course he loves them in his way and would move heaven & earth for them but they have their own lives. I guess, we all do this, sheltered them, not wanting to suffer with his disease...things get better for a little while then the bottom falls out....we all experience this, I think....just thanks for all the support, suggestions (and I will attempt every one)...as we all know, those nights we cry ourselves t sleep..we are NOT alone..blessing to all..& keep blogging...TX DW

    ReplyDelete