Thursday, March 31, 2011

thank you for your comments

everyone please read the comments
there are some very good ones!

Sarah says she hasn't seen these issues with her 20+ year type 1 diabetes
well, all I can says is, that is wonderful and I am so happy for her

but that is not my life

I have been out of my town for 3 nites, each nite, I called and spoke to Tom and he was fine
Tonite I walked in at 7 pm
and what did I find?

a blithering idiot

after a full glass of OJ and a salad with salad dressing that I forced on him
his glucose reading was 81

but he was so intent on leaving for playing tennis that it didn't matter whether he was too low
and I can't continue to argue
I am so tired from my travel
I'm sorry to say that I just don't care

I pushed the OJ and salad on him
I rushed and made some salmon for him
I didn't want to eat that -- but I had some in the freezer and I cooked it for him
he ate some
then complained that it was too much to eat before playing tennis
so he left - got in his car and drove away
I will now not be able to stop worrying until he gets home

yes, I know, some of you may say
that at least he exercises
but really, at the risk to sugar lows?

I can't help it, I was angry
I just wanted to come home
have a glass of wine
and a quiet nite at home
put on my PJs
and read in bed

now I'm so agitated
and I just can't relax until he gets home
and that won't be for several hours

how do I know that he won't kill someone driving his car?

this may be dramatic
but it is my feelings
and I'm allowed to have feelings

right?
your support will be helpful tonight because I'm feeling very low.....

5 comments:

  1. Dear tomswife,

    Tom is being very naughty. I am using my filter here because "naughty" is not the word which comes to my mind.

    Have your glass of wine. I'm going to go pour one for myself. I literally slept ALL day due to the poisoning. DH fixed dinner for he and the kids.

    You need to take care of you. You have no control of tom. If he passes out playing tennis his tennis buddies can deal with it in the moment, then call you.

    If worse case happens...you still have no control. Prayers never hurt. At times they are not only the only thing we can do, but the best thing we can do.

    Get out of your heels, put your feet up and have your glass of wine.

    Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand your feelings . . . how scary! It really does sound like you tried to get him "better" before he left, despite his objections. Hopefully, he will be all right. I can really relate to those feelings of "just wanting to have a quiet night with a glass of wine." Doesn't always work out for me, either. When I first started dating my hubby, it hit me early on that diabetes was something that he could never "remove" from himself and forget about, even for a little while. Over the years, I realize that we as spouses can never really do it, either. Even if they are gone, or we leave for awhile, the worry follows us wherever we go. And I don't know about you, but I am always wondering: "What next?" Hang in there. My prayers and positive thoughts are with you and hubby tonight.
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. I used to stress when my hubby worked (he worked on the road driving all day) many time I would catch him in a low episode and have to "treat it" over the phone. Not an easy task! The final straw was when he actually did have an accident. I was on the phone off and on through the entire episode. Talk about crazy scary!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is I'm sorry he's being the way he is, Low or not. Hope the wine does the trick. I know for me, salad and salmon certainly wouldn't bring me out of a Low - some OJ might temporarily, but I need the carbs in my system to make my BGs stay up there in safer levels. Of course, Your Diabetes May Vary. Anyhow, regardless - best thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand your "feelings" and concerns
    Yes, you have the right to just want a little PEACE! You not only have the right...you deserve it...so take it...a couple of weeks ago you told me to let go...I'm trying...now you try...enjoy that wine and the book...you do not have control over him...you can only do so much then God takes over...with love and understanding...TX DW

    ReplyDelete