Monday, March 28, 2011

WOW! That's Support!

thank you so much
you guys were on-line last night
your comments were great!

Sandy said:

I don't believe you are enabling him. U are HELPING him. I have learned to do what u need to do to get tthe sugar up, and then if there is a true argument, deal with it when he is sane. Most of the time, the argument is just the low talking, and hubby isn't even really mad...hope this helps :)

Lynn said:

Before we heard the diagnosis "diabetic" my husband was kind of a selfproclaimed @$$hole...lol I am not kidding. It was like i am six years younger and the "nice" one and he is the older Viet Nam vet @$$hole. He was a teacher and a coach for years and then administrated VP to P to superintendent of a school district before retiring and then we ran a diner...so as a boss he could get away with being the @$$hole kind of...boss means bossing... (well, read the comment -- we understand, Lynn)

Newtothis piped in with:

My two-cents: an a$$hole is different than a diabetic out of kilter. I don't think there is any way your sister could understand this difference if she is confusing enabling with possibly saving your DH from going in to a coma.

So, now I have learned,
the on-line version is a$$hole (who knew?)

and now I am learning that no matter how much my sister really tried to help
she is coming from her own frame of reference
and she hasn't walked in our shoes

of course, I haven't walked in hers....
so I can't judge her either.

again, thank you, my spouses of Diabetics
you understand me like no one else

I am renewed

I feel so much better just reading your comments

you are terrific!

1 comment:

  1. You are terrific! I hope you are getting lots of good rest.

    Love, S

    ReplyDelete