Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feeling Fragile

just one of those days
when it feels as if tears were close to the surface all day
no particular reason - just "fragile"

received some wonderful comments last night

several about using the "delete" button on our DH's comments
I think it gave many of us a smile
maybe you don't need to be the wife of a diabetic to want to use the delete button :)

It also seems like lots of people are feeling the spring - flowers, busy schedules, etc
Do you remember marrying that guy who was going to take care of us on our fragile days?
I don't think I have many of them (who knows)
but you know work sometimes really beats me up
and it would be so great to come home and get built back up
it never happens anymore
no more big bear hugs
no more comforting ...

instead its me taking care of him.....

I'm now the big bear..

hmmmm

not what I signed up for
but its what I have

oh well

my mom never promised me a rose garden.....

4 comments:

  1. Kleenex please...yes, I vaguely remember marrying that guy almost 40 years ago...but he's gone from here too...on "fragile" days I think of my childhood Sunday school teacher who said on troubled days God would always hold his children in the palm of his hands...I close my eyes and imagine such a peace and smile! I feel almost instantly better and then pour a small glass of wine...things will get better (in God's time)....again still asking for information (good and bad) on the glucose monitor and/or pump...also, remember help for all of us is only a click away...thank you all for starting and adding to this site...it has been a lifesaver... something to look forward to after one of those days..whether we get "beat up" at the office or at home.....TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those thorns can leave scars...so a rose garden it is...and the picking of the roses is where we get pricked. LOVE YOU! Sending a cyber hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Lynn
    I need as many hugs as I can get today
    I asked Tom
    and didn't even get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, Anonymous-DW
    thank you for adding to this
    every bit helps.....

    ReplyDelete