Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's the Deal?

After a great weekend, Tom shut the garage door on his car and broke the garage door!
DW's husband drank caldryl instead of pepto bismal
Lynn's husband is reading the numbers and eating sugar like crazy anyway (oops that's all of them!)

the dramatic, unpredictable behavior of our husbands is hard to take

I actually feel real admiration for the person who wrote to DW about leaving her DH
I don't believe that marriage is the be all end all to the world
when its great, its great
but if the relationship is being abused - then its ok to leave
when I read some of the blogs and comments
I wonder how some of my "sister wives" can stay
sometimes I wonder how I can stay

In my case, there are still more good days than bad
but then again, Tom is very functional
he plays tennis multiple times a week
he works at his place of employment at least 5 days a week

I guess maybe I never shared that before
but Tom is VERY healthy - compared to some of your husbands
that doesn't make him any more compliant
it doesn't make him any more predictable
it doesn't make him any more easy to deal with

there are many other things that are very scary
but that's for another post

My point is
1) their "mood" swings are VERY scary
2) sometimes a person just has to leave

at the end of the day, each of us has to take care of ourselves

p.s., fortunately it was the garage door not the car that got broken and it got fixed quickly

3 comments:

  1. You know Tom's wife, I thought you were the only one of the sisters who managed to have a nice weekend to the end. Mine was nice until Sunday night.

    How did Tom shut the garage door on the car? I'm glad you were able to fix the door.

    Hopefully he didn't rage afterward.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. So,
    Tom pulled his car into the garage
    left the back door to his suv open
    for HOURS!!!
    while he went about doing tons of things
    I reminded him to close it before he forgot

    but apparently, I was the "stupid" one
    he didn't close it
    and when he closed the garage door
    well, you can guess the consequences
    the brackets on the garage door bent and actually broke
    the main rod on the door also bent
    we had to call the installers
    they were very nice
    Tom stayed home - worked from home
    (he had better!)
    talked the guy into a deal
    sigh
    I couldn't get such a deal
    he thinks everything is great!
    I'm still angry!
    if he had listened to me in the first place
    this wouldn't have happened in the first place!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that always the way? If they would have listened in the first place the trouble would have been avoided.

    My DH wanted a trophy or something for following his diet for almost a week. Mine you I was the one making and giving him the food to eat. All he had to do was eat it. And he wants credit?

    Then he wants to eat sweets. Firday a third of the cherry pie I made for the 10 year old's classroom pie contest. (it won 2nd place.) Saturday birthday cake and ice cream at his daughter's birthday party. Then Sunday enough potato salad for five people.

    Sunday night he starts raging at me. He later had the nerve to tell me he had been eating better? It was not worth pointing out the folly of his statement.

    Now he's walking around pouting because I don't want to have sex with him. I don't know about you, but pouting ain't going to get me in the mood.

    S

    ReplyDelete